Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yet another

The best part of 2011, was that I didn't lose anyone this year. Everyone I started the year loving, I ended the year loving even more. It may sound strange, but this is a big deal for someone my age. Because this is the time when we lose people to personality changes, life changes, distances. Not this year. Certain things have changed, but the ones I hold in my heart are still right there. In fact, I've even found room in there for a few more! I was loved, through good times and bad. And that has always meant so much more to me than all the frivolous things in life.

2011 was also a great year for vacations. I had a good 5 months off from studying, the longest break I've ever had! Amazing times with the family in Langkawi, the best friends in Penang and the person I love in Malacca. It was all about fun and adventure and relaxation and giggling over everything and being a little less sensible for a couple of days. I got a taste for it and now I whine for a vacation every chance I get! Once again, it comes down to love and being loved. I'm so grateful for the amazing people in my life who give me such beautiful memories.

Finally, 2011 was a year of change. I packed my bags and flew 14 hours to a country I've never set foot in. It wasn't easy, I was tossed into a very challenging university environment with much higher standards than I was accustomed to. All while trying to get a routine down pat so that I wouldn't find myself without food or clean clothes. When you live alone, NOBODY takes care of these things for you no matter how busy and stressed out you are. Then there was the challenge of trying to detach myself from the love I was meant to let go of. A mind over matter battle I was so ill equipped to fight. A battle I have to continue to fight in the new year.

Yet even with all that hanging over my head, I had an amazing 3 months. I've met some truly lovely people and had many moments of tearful, side cramping laughter. I started volunteering, something I've always wanted to do. Within 3 months, I've seen 4 cities in the UK. Next year, I plan to be on that train a lot. All over UK and down to Europe. It has always been my dream to travel. One of my worst fears is settling down with a stable job and a family with the dissatisfied ache of knowing I never traveled enough.

I've been told time and time again that I'm still young, but time has never been about age for me. You never know when your time is up, every moment is precious, every moment counts. I'd like to think that, despite all the challenges, I made 2011 count. And I plan to do even better for 2012. Happy new year everybody, have an amazing year ahead.

New Years Resolutions:
1. Average on 1st class for uni
2. Maintain a healthy diet
3. Travel more
4. Volunteer more
5. Read more
6. Write more
7. Be stronger

1 comment:

todsshoesstores said...

.Basketball Sneaker Basketball involves a lot of vigorous moves, Asics Onitsuka Tigerhigh jumps, extreme running, blocking and shooting. So there may be the chances for you to get injured.the north face jackets But basketball sneakers are there for you to safeguard you and your feet from getting injured by the vigorous stunts. Basketball sneakers are the ideal pair to offer you snug fit, firm ankle support and excellent traction over the highly polished maple woodMoncler Sale. Today, basketball shoes are designed with innovative technologies for good shock absorption and cushioning. Patterned sole and stylish finish of the retro sneakers North Face Jackets For Menwill fuse your heart to buy a pair for you to show off your excellence over the field.